Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Old September 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM

Thestar is on a distinguished road
Broken relationship with stepsister

Hello all, I am new to this forum, nice to meet you all. Pardon me for my english, and please bear with me for the long read.

Background
My father remarried when I am at a young age, gaining 2 step sisters in the process. The elder step sister was of the same age as me, but the one that really get along and close is the younger step sister.

It is probably because i had always wanted a younger step sister, we got along real well. She would always find me, follow me around, share stuffs with me, event he stuffs that she kept from her mom and her sisters. We are as close as real siblings, and her mom do trust me to take care of her.

Things started to change when I move to other city (happen around five years ago when she is 13) for further education. We still keep close contact by means of facebook, sms and regular calls. But this continue to wane over time, maybe she got a new life, a new boyfriend to share stuffs with, or she is growing up and do not need me anymore. But eventually, she will never came and find me unless she need my help or favours, until recently that she stopped contacting me completely. Even when I tries to contact her, she is always cold and just give one word replies.

Current situation
Recently this year, she also move in to my city for further education, her mom choose this city because of our bonds and hoped that I will take care of her, which I gladly will.

However, even while we live on the same city, I had hard time contacting or meeting her. She would always got excuse to reject when i wanted to visit her or asked her out for a meal. I don't want our bond to end just like that, so i just end up visiting her house without her permission anyway. There I found out her bf is always coming over to stay with her. I also found out from the landlord, on the days he came to visit, they were mostly on room the whole time, even skipping schools and probably meals.

Now, I knew that she is an adult now, she had the right to love, to have sexytime with her bf and privacy. But if this guy are affecting her studies, of course I will oppose them and try to do something about it. I really don't know what to do, so I approached her sister and ask for her advise. As her mom have a really bad temper, i do repeatedly ask her to keep this from her mom first.

But that turn out to be my mistake, that ***** told her mom immediately after that, and her mom immediately came to visit and confront her, then me. I do not mind any scolding from her, but this had cause my relationship with my sister to strain even further. She was really angry at me for telling her mom, saying stuffs like she should not have trusted me when she did not even trust me at the first place. Even stuffs like we are not real brother and sister and stop being such a busybody. She unfriend me on facebook soon after that.

I really cherish this relation of ours and I really thought of her as my own, real sister. I definitely wouldn't want her to be hating on me or to be at odds with her mom. At the same time, I really do not know how to proceed with this.

Some of you that is reading this might agree with the older sister action of telling her mom. But she is not doing it for my sister sake, she probably is one of the worst people you can find out there. She is not a saint, she is leeching off my family right now. Dad and stepmom paid for her education overseas but when she came back, she don't even try to find a job and just merrily spending life with parents money.

As bad as she is, i thought that since they are real blood sisters, she won't harm her at least. But later on i found out that, she purposely snitch to my stepmom immediately so that she will drag my sister back or had a big fight, so that her studies will be ruined or cancelled. This is because she regret her choice of studies even after getting the degree, and she wanted to pursue her hobby and ask for funds to do it. Our family finances are tight and I don't earn enough to support them, that is the reason she caused all this. No matter what, it is still my fault on telling on her and I don't have any excuse to give my younger sister.

I sincerely give my thanks if you have been reading this.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken relationship with stepsister

Quote:
I really cherish this relation of ours and I really thought of her as my own, real sister. I definitely wouldn't want her to be hating on me or to be at odds with her mom.
There is nothing you can do right now. Sincerely apologize for telling your older step sister, then tell her what you wrote here. Ask her to forgive you. Then let her go.

I'm sorry. I hope as she matures she realizes that she was also wrong.
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:40 AM

Thestar is on a distinguished road

Thanks

I have already apologized but to no avail.
I think i will just wait it out, girls these age are easily led astray by love.

I should just keep guard at sideline and only intervene if they take their next step in life. I hope they don't purposely do bad stuffs to spite us though
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:00 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestar View Post
I should just keep guard at sideline and only intervene if they take their next step in life.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean if they decide to marry you'll intervene?