Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Step-families

Old April 24th, 2017, 01:40 AM

Dell is on a distinguished road
Dont know what to do

Hi.. my adult Step daughter with a 2 yr old seems to have problems keeping her boyfriends, she seems to find faults with all of them. But with this she moves in with them then comes back home, without asking she just turns up at the door with all her stuff. I reall
Her stuff. When I think I have my house back she comes back. I cant put up with it anymore. She never pays rent and she expects me to look after my Granson. I'm over it.
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:55 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dont know what to do

I think you have the same problem here as with your sons.

You need to focus on you and your anxiety for the time. Until you deal with that then it's going to be hard for you to deal with the family members. Make the time for yourself to get the counselling. Once you have the ability to e let go you'll be more assertive in addressing with your family members as to what YOU need instead of you addressing what they need, which is their own responsibility as adults.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old April 25th, 2017, 12:02 AM

Dell is on a distinguished road

Focusing on myself got me no where. I'm sitting in a motel room because I told my husband I can't live with my step daughter plus boyfriend. That we could set her up in a 2 bedroom flat pay her bond etc. In a nut shell he thinks I favor my 2 boys over her. Not true. Honestlt she is very manipulative, lazy and so on. He knows im seeing a Councilor and what I'm going through BUT wants her to live at the house. I cant do it

Last edited by Dell; April 25th, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:13 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Focusing on yourself means healing your self dealing with your anxiety working out exactly what you want for yourself. Learning how to apply boundaries, being able to express your own needs in a strong and positive way. Being in control of YOUR life. Keep on with the counseling.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:18 AM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

It's to bad your husband and you can't get on the same page. There isn't much that can be done until that happens. Obviously it's affecting your relationship with your husband.