Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Old May 11th, 2015, 11:26 AM

filipinesSupernova is on a distinguished road
Angry Father's social activities are destroying my social life, what to do?

I am lost right now, I don't have anyone to talk to, I have had migraine for the past few days, I have confronted my father about his attraction towards men, but now it is getting out of hand, he has been going about and commenting on other men's profile pictures how good looking they are, and sadly some of these people are my acquaintances, so my friend look at me weirdly and ask me whatsup with my dad. I thought of texting him to stop this, but the last time I confronted him about this he almost had a heart attack, what do I do I am freaked out.

I am 24 and my father is 58...

PS: I live in a homophobic society, we are 10 family members that live together so please do not tell me that this is ok and I should accept him, because he never accepted me.
Old May 11th, 2015, 12:33 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Father's social activities are destroying my social life, what to do?

You have no control over what your father does. You have spoken to him, and he "almost had a heart attack." Try one more time to tell him that his hitting on your friends makes you uncomfortable and upsets your friends. Perhaps other family members can help you with this. If he doesn't listen, the only thing you can really do is distance yourself from him.

I'm sorry. There is something very icky about a parent hitting on your friends.
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:25 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

You need to unfriend your dad if its Facebook you are talking about. Its the only way to stop him commenting on your friends pics. Next tell him again not to comment to your friends,as its offensive to them and to you. Then have nothing to do with him. You have to distance yourself from him, so that you dont know what he does with other people. That's all you can do.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Catwoman; May 11th, 2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:32 AM

I had unfriended him months ago, i dont talk to him much anymore, but my friends come to me show me his coments and give me that weird look..

I messaged him on facebook today, asking him not to comment on people's profile pictures who are of my age group because some of them are my friends.

And he just said "ok son"

I said thanks and hopefully will burry the guilt feeling and move on.

Thankyou for giving me the courage to do it!!
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:38 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good lets hope he stops it, but if he doesnt you have to talk to him face to face and just say he has to stop it as people are commenting to you they dont like it,and its embarrassing for you,tell him people are saying he looks like a pedophile approaching younger people,and that they are saying it to you. He will soon stop it if he thinks people think of him that way.
Old May 13th, 2015, 08:02 AM

Yes I would do that, I am always gathering courage to speak up to him.
Old May 13th, 2015, 01:00 PM

PeeWeeMomOf3 will become famous soon enough

It is a icky situation. You have been given some helpful advice. Is there another trusted adult friend or relative you can talk to, and then who can talk to your dad if this problem persists? There is nothing wrong with you telling your dad how uncomfortable this makes you and your friends feel. I'm sure your dad could find more appropriate people, nearer to his age and NOT among your circle of friends, to flirt with!

Tags
closet, facebook, father, parents