Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > In-laws

Old August 11th, 2015, 10:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Animals with a complete lack of boundaries

Me too! I was hoping LosingMySanity would let me keep it up (besides the fact that I failed for five minutes trying to edit it). When I saw it I couldn't wait to read it especially with it being in the inlaw forum! LOL
Old August 11th, 2015, 10:24 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Me too! I was hoping LosingMySanity would let me keep it up (besides the fact that I failed for five minutes trying to edit it). When I saw it I couldn't wait to read it especially with it being in the inlaw forum! LOL
You know what that means dont you?....fate has spoken!!.....it was meant to be!!
Old August 12th, 2015, 06:14 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

The solution would be so simple if you and your husband could be on the same page. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Kinda looks like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'll go with KK's answer... Where the novelty of your home being a vacation pad will fizzle out. Hopefully sooner than later.

If it doesn't fizzle... You'll need a mediator.

...or a prescription.
Old August 12th, 2015, 03:34 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
The solution would be so simple if you and your husband could be on the same page. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Kinda looks like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'll go with KK's answer... Where the novelty of your home being a vacation pad will fizzle out. Hopefully sooner than later.

If it doesn't fizzle... You'll need a mediator.

...or a prescription.
Or a hotel room. It's a small place. Wouldn't everyone be more comfortable in their own place? I know I would!
Old August 13th, 2015, 08:44 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

I say, marriage counseling immediately, if not sooner, and I know this isn't the advice you want to hear, but whoever said, relationships are easy?

Relationships take a whole lot of work, and are a constant work it progress....and that is why I no longer choose to be in one...

you do realize, we all own our very own personal culture? We've all been raised and influenced and brainwashed by our very own parents on how to think and feel about things...that is why when we choose a lifetime mate, we have to look at these issues, and observe how the parents act, react, think and feel...

No two people ever think alike, and no two people are ever on the same plain at the same time...however, it is doable, but...both of you must want it to work, and sometimes that takes a 3rd party intervention...to help you both understand each other better.

You are not asking for much....and personally I don't know how you could put up with this one time...this is your home to, not just his, and that doesn't give him the right, to allow his parents to interfer in your life, to this degree.

Maybe this was good for him at one time, but he has now taken on a wife, whose feeling matter...she is his mate and she comes first, not his parents.
Why? Because they are living together, sharing work, house cores, everything, especially feelings and matters of the heart.

So, you need to convince him that in order for you to work together at this marriage, you need to go to counseling to so that you both will understand each others feelings better and be able to identify with the other person's feelings.

And then get into counseling right away, and pssst, just between you and me, there is no counselor on the face of this earth that will deem him right...on this subject. But lets not tell him that, k?

Good Luck
Old August 15th, 2015, 09:18 PM

LosingMySanity is on a distinguished road

Guess who was just TOLD their inlaws would be coming tomorrow., AGAIN!
Old August 15th, 2015, 10:13 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the day?
Old August 21st, 2015, 06:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

time to check into a hotel

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old August 22nd, 2015, 06:15 PM

housekat will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Animals with a complete lack of boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
I actually think the original title of this thread is quite fitting lol.

Me too!
Old August 22nd, 2015, 06:17 PM

housekat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
time to check into a hotel
either you get a hotel and enjoy some alone time... or give them the gift of the hotel...maybe they will take the hint??

good luck..it's a tough one.