Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old June 21st, 2017, 07:49 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thinking about giving up

You are not being selfish; he is.

Are you both just treading carefully or is someone actively engaged in the silent treatment? That's really bad for a marriage. It is a form of emotional abuse and it humiliates the other person.

I don't want anything for my 50th bday, either. I already told my DH no parties. My high school friends who are also celebrating their 50th have floated the idea of doing a road trip to visit other friends this summer. I think that sounds sort of fun.

Would you do something like that?
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:34 PM

Dell is on a distinguished road

I probably would go on a trip with a girlfriend. I have really one one good friend and we are so different. She's not long got with someone so she wouldn't go anyways.
As I have said i only like going away with my husband, even though it doesn't bother him. If I go anywhere it's to my parents, they live 5 hrs away, it's not a holiday as my father has cancer and really bad depression, and I am their carer.
My stress levels are pretty high. We were suppose to be going to a friend's 70th near my parents next weekend, I was going to visit them to see how they were going as well. I suppose I will be doing that on my pat Malone
Old June 22nd, 2017, 04:25 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

You do sound a little like me.

My BFF is VERY different from me. People are often surprised that we could be friends because we are so different. It's good, though. The world would be such a boring place without those differences.

I'm sorry about your father's health. I can see how the stress would be too much and you do need a break. I hope you get one soon.
Old June 25th, 2017, 03:58 PM

My husband didnt end up going to Fraser but it has caused a few problems and he blames me for him not going. We are just sort of getting over this and now have a major problem.
This is totally different so I apologize but Im putting it in the same thread.
My step daughter with a 2 year old moves in moves out when she gets different boyfriends, it's always caused problems between hubby & I as it makes me cranky as she can't get her act together and it always comes back onto us. It doesn't take much to upset her and when she's here I walk on egg shells. She has gone to her grandmother's this time which is just down the road from us because she thinks I don't want her here. In a nut shell I have to let her mov e in once again as my husband wants that. If I don't I will lose him. He knows what she is doing wrong and how it makes me feel But yet again I have to do it to make him happy. She does nothing while she's here, I cook I do everything. I just want my life back which I don't ever seem to have. Sorry I just need to vent

Last edited by Dell; June 25th, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 25th, 2017, 04:15 PM

(((hugs)))

We're here for you.
Old June 25th, 2017, 07:01 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

((hugs))

I don't remember is anyone has suggested counseling, but I think it could be helpful as it sounds as if your life is overwhelming at this point

- father has caner
- step-daughter & child moving in
- your DH doesn't appear to respect your feelings
- and so on

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 26th, 2017, 12:43 AM

We went to counseling not that long ago. He said in there he comes home to be with me!!!
Load of crap!! I'm not going back.
I love my husband so very much so I know I either stop complaining or leave. I think I will just deal with it.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post
Old June 26th, 2017, 05:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Due to everything I meant individual counseling

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )