Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old January 10th, 2017, 06:23 PM

tstack6 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Losing any connection with my mom. And she seems to want to die.

Please at least read and give some feedback if it is possible.

I canít keep going on this way. I donít know what to do or say to make my mom feel like or at least portray that she enjoys life. I am helpless this has been going on for months and keeps getting worse. Iíve asked her if there is anything I can do for her, she remarks I am fine. She says on a daily bases now how sheís done with life and is planning on taking her own. These last few nights I have spent pretty much the whole evening in the living room with her. Still today she mops around in a passive or angered or sad mood. Making small things that might go wrong like dropping a can she was going to pick up off the counter to her vapor thing not working. Youíd really think it was the end of the world. Sheís stopped talking to me or anyone else for that matter that I know of but this handy man that comes around the house. I have found free events so she can meet other people. My sister and I have encouraged her to date but she thinks sheís got nothing to offer and is ugly. Side note sheís had image issues since I can remember, even though she is beautiful doesnít show her age at all and never has. People always think she is 10 years younger than she is. It has broken my heart to watch this and be helpless. I cry pretty much every night now. I am trying to pull myself out of it because I need to get my life back together. She takes everything to extreme. Like if you say no thank you to something she blows up saying sheís done or pretty much now itís about everything. Like my sister left a baby bottle over at the house because we babysit him for two nights and sheís washing it and said something about it being here. I said mom think they will live, she comes back with she is going to yell at me. She remembers or recalls only thing negative about my sister and I and positive about the brother who passed away 5 years ago. Even things from her childhood she is go negative about it and Iíve heard her talk before and the stories were a lot different. There is a lot more I could go into but she just seem she bound and determined to hate life, hate her family and not want to be here. Even though she keeps buying things that arenít really needed for the house, and then complains about being broke. She has Multiple sclerosis and when she was going through her divorce it has been over a year (we got one the same time) she didnít have access to her medications. She has an amazing friend of her found a way to get it for her for free. She takes Avonex for her MS. However I found out that she hadnít taken the medication since Feb of last year. I also found out she isnít talking her antidepressants medication anymore as well. I have got her going to a chiropractor, but she says she isnít going to go any more about every week. She is the strongest women I know even to this day. Sheís been my best friend and my mommy since I can remember. I now feel like we have no connection at all, like Iím dead to her. I donít know how to get her back, I go to bed almost every night wondering is the night the night she is going to take her life. I have to find a balance I moved in with her recently and need to find work myself. Please help or give me any kind of feedback. I have written her a heart filled letter concerning this but this was months ago way before it go this bad. I told her I missed my best friend and I am sorry if I have caused or did anything to her. That the family is all within 20 mins from each other and we live together and I feel more alone than I ever have. She did hug me and say thank you for the letter and that was it. I hope this is enough detail for someone for heavenís sake her us out.

Sorrowed Daughter
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:39 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Losing any connection with my mom. And she seems to want to die.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

You know that your mother is ill. She isn't taking her anti-depressants and she's spiraled down into a deep depression. She needs intervention now. She said she is planning to take her own life. Call an ambulance and have her committed. You would do it if she were having a heart attack. Do it because she's planning to die.

If you feel like you can't do that, please call the suicide prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:34 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I agree wit Lucy, call 911

And get counciling for yourself, you have to put yourself first, so that you can deal with everything.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 13th, 2017, 07:57 AM

tstack6 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Lucy and snafu for your input. I feel like reaching out to her old doctors should be my 1st stop before I call an intervention. I have been putting myself first, I have started mediation and also reminding myself it isn't my fault.

Thank you both!
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:45 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

((hugs))

please stay in touch with us ....

aside: I know from personal experience when things are "shirty" something like Jerry Springer at 3 in the morning- when you can't sleep - can be funny .... 'cause a bad as things "bite" at least you're not on TV telling everyone about it

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )

Tags
#losingallhope, #mom, #suicide