Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old August 5th, 2017, 02:16 AM

Fjr1300 is on a distinguished road
Narcissist or not?

I have a brother who cann talk foreverrrr about anything. I consider myself to be a good listener...ie attentive, engaged, responsive. The second I start talking about something his eyes wander and he seems totally disinterested. Its amazing to watch. I'm hoping that someone out there is experiencing something similar. Hope to get some feedback or are you not interested? LOL
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:25 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Narcissist or not?

*raises hand* LOL

I have some friends like that, who will go on and on and on about their problems (in my case it's mostly problems that people seem to want to tell me all about) and then when I need support, they're completely disinterested. Sometimes it's annoying, and sometimes it really hurts.

BUT... to be fair... sometimes I feel as though I'm that person who goes on and on and on about "problems" long after people are tired of listening.

Does your brother have any other signs of narcissism? That's what you titled the thread.
Old August 6th, 2017, 12:35 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Some people can be very self absorbed but not necessarily a Narcissist. We all sometimes display some narcissistic behaviours.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:03 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
We all sometimes display some narcissistic behaviours.
Nah... Not me! <chuckle>

It's difficult to improve perfection.

On a more serious not... I have a friend that I've known for 30+ years now. We chat about once a month on average. This guy LOVES talking about himself, what he's done, his income... I just listen and feed his ego. The minute I say anything about me or my family... "Hey! I got to go. We'll talk later."

It used to bug me, but now I find it funny. That's my ace in the hole when I get tired of listening to his BS.