Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old January 30th, 2018, 05:47 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Had to put our Jack Russell down...

This happened about three weeks ago now. She was one helluva great dog. True to her breed... Energetic, focused and ornery. Rescued her 17 years ago from the Humane Society - She was found wandering a country road outside a small town; half starved, half dead, dirty, bruised and broken. Eyes were black and she just stared into oblivion. Looked like there was no life in her eyes. Wouldn't let me touch or pet her for over a year. It took time, but she became one happy and loving dog. Loved to play catch and fetch with her tennis balls - must have logged hundreds of miles in over the years. She loved walking and chasing rabbits at the park. Her fear of people disappeared - she loved everyone. She would, at random times, just get up and run throughout the house - upstairs, then down the steps, through the family room down the hall into the big activity room and back up the steps again. Jumping and barking the entire time. Then collapse on her back to wriggle around and snort. She became a happy dog. She would have been 19 years this June. She is missed.
Old January 30th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of
Re: Had to put our Jack Russell down...

I am convinced that rescues, are appreciative, once they are rescued....we rescued a red dobie who was beat from the time she was a pup...the first time she played, I cried...thank goodness for our older gal, Jessie, who helped to bring her back....

It is so difficult to make that choice, regardless of who it is, b/c our fur babies have been so loyal and brought us so much joy. I always felt like when that time came, I was doing the best thing for that sweet dog. It is a shame they don't live longer, but unfortunately their time here is short.

My heart goes out to anyone whose dear sweet fur baby has had to cross over the rainbow bridge...it isn't easy, and is very painful and seems so unfair.

Rest assured, the purpose of your sweet baby was completed, in so so many cherished ways, and you helped to give him/her a happy life...as she gave you so much happiness.

Remember her in your heart fondly, as I know you will, and he/she will forever be alive.

Hugs to you and yours.
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:03 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for your loss, Knot2Loud. How lucky that little lady was that you came into her life, and vice versa!
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:07 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry, Knot. What a lovely tribute to your little Jack Russel.
Old February 1st, 2018, 09:07 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Oh, that is sad. I am sorry.

My pup "crossed the rainbow bridge" on dec 17th. I feel for you. I miss him terribly. I miss having someone to fuss over, too.

Why can't they stay around for 30 or more years? Seems we are just getting to know them really well! I swear mine knew what I was thinking!

Hugs and prayers.

...land of the free. kind of...maybe...not so much.